Thursday, November 4, 2021

NO TRANSAT!

Well, shipping woes have taken this years Transat from me. I started the shipping dance three months before I needed to ship. It was a waste of time as companies did not want to deal with “the little guy.” They could not be bothered to email or call me back. One company even gave me a quote for shipping three days PRIOR to the date of the document. It was a mess and it all equals no Portugal for me this year.


On the brighter side, I have nothing but time. I can catch up on the blog, take my time, paint the details, polish the stainless, and finish out the interior. And wait for the mast to arrive, which has now been shipped.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are doing such a great job, it's pleasure to watch. "Break a leg" (no good luck thing) on your next race(s). Cheers form Pierre in Costa Mesa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pierre, Thank you, you are welcome to come by and see the hull floating in Newport Harbor. Still no date of mast arrival.

    ReplyDelete